MOPEX (MOsaicker and Point source EXtractor) is a package for reducing
and analyzing imaging data, as well as MIPS SED data. MOPEX includes
the point source extraction package, APEX.
MOPEX is designed to allow the user to:
MOPEX comes in two different interfaces (GUI and command-line), both
of which come packaged together. We recommend that all new users start
with the GUI, which is more user-friendly than the command-line
- perform sophisticated background matching of individual data frames
- mosaic the individual frames downloaded from the Spitzer archive
- perform both temporal and spatial outlier rejection during mosaicking
- apply offline pointing refinement for MIPS data (refinement is already applied to IRAC data)
- perform source detection on the mosaics using APEX
- compute aperture photometry or PRF-fitting photometry for point sources
- perform interpolation, coaddition, and spectrum extraction of MIPS SED images.
On 16th July 2014 I installed version 18.5.0
To run the gui:
If you get a blank gui with no menus, you may have to set the version
of java to use as follows:
setenv JAVA /usr/local/java_latest/bin/java
To run the command line scripts
None at present.
Last modified: Tue Aug 19 15:29:25 GMT 2014