- All Implemented Interfaces:
- MultiStarTableWriter, StarTableWriter
public class ColFitsTableWriter
- extends AbstractFitsTableWriter
Handles writing of a
StarTable in a column-oriented
FITS binary table format.
The table data is stored in a BINTABLE extension which has a single row;
each cell in this row contains the data for an entire column of the
This rather specialised format may provide good performance for
certain operations on very large, especially very wide, tables.
Although it is FITS and can therefore be used in principle for data
interchange, in practice most non-STIL processors are unlikely to
be able to do much useful with it.
- 21 Jun 2006
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Object
clone, equals, finalize, getClass, hashCode, notify, notifyAll, toString, wait, wait, wait
public boolean looksLikeFile(String location)
- Description copied from interface:
- Indicates whether the destination is of a familiar form for this
kind of writer. This may be used to guess what kind of format
a table should be written in. Implementations should return
true for values of location which look like
the normal form for their output format, for instance one with
the usual file extension.
location - the location name (probably filename)
- true iff it looks like a file this writer would
protected FitsTableSerializer createSerializer(StarTable table)
- Description copied from class:
- Provides a suitable serializer for a given table.
- Specified by:
createSerializer in class
table - table to serialize
- FITS serializer